Review: Kept By The Mountain Man

Kept By The Mountain Man Kept By The Mountain Man by Gemma Weir
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In Kept by the Mountain Man we find ourselves back up in the mountains of Rockhead Peak with the Barnett brothers.

Although every bit the OTT jealous/possessive alphahole his brothers are, Granger is a softie. As soon as he spots Alice’s broken-down RV, his caveman instincts kick in and he’s prepared to make his claim – forever.

My heart broke for Alice. Although I usually like my heroines a bit stronger, I could relate to her insecurity.

Homing in on her loneliness, insecurities, and trust issues, Granger wants nothing more than to take care of his woman; everything from bathing her to styling her hair to dressing and feeding her. That Granger was so patient and understanding, while still maintaining the caveman Barnett persona we’ve come to expect was perfect. In fact, his all-consuming love and unabashed obsession is clearly the only weapon that could effectively slay Alice’s demons. Despite the nomadic lifestyle that kept her isolated and forced her independence, when she lets go and cedes control, she finds an unconditional love that she could have never predicted.

No worries, despite the sap, there are still plenty of sizzling hot scenes!

As for the series, I absolutely love the Barnett family commune that is being built and I can’t wait to get to know the rest of the brothers and their women.

View all my reviews

Comments