Review: Little Mate

Little Mate Little Mate by Elena M. Reyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Little Mate is a Little Lies prequel. The story is a dark paranormal romance set in a world of vampires, fae, warlocks, and shifters.

Gabriella, a powerful sorceress has been promised to King Theodore Astor, a vampire, by her father in exchange for her unfettered protection. For reasons not immediately revealed, Gabby is unaware of this fate.

Despite the arrangement, not all members of Theo’s vampire coven are on board with the betrothal. One general in particular sees the mating as a slap in the face to vampires, and held out hope his daughter would become queen.

Little Mate has good world building. Although, full disclosure, I did not start with the first release, Little Lies. Knowing it was the prequel, the latter felt safe enough. However, I’m wondering if there were details I missed by doing this. I was a bit overwhelmed and confused in the first few chapters as well as in the epilogues. I had to read several sections more than once trying to understand who the characters were and how they fit in. Likewise, I had difficulty filling in the blanks between the end of the book proper and the epilogues.

⚠️ Safety Squad: Violence

View all my reviews

Comments