Queen Takes Rook by Joely Sue BurkhartMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
In the fourth book of the series, Shara and her Blood return home following a draining, if enlightening, trip to House Zaniyah in Mexico City.
Learning she can no longer sit back, Shara comes to grips with the fact that she must face enemies on several fronts. In an effort to meet the New York queen’s threats head-on, Shara and her Blood travel to NYC to go to battle with Keisha Skye, former queen to her Alpha, Rik, and beloved warcat, Daire.
While I am a lover of smut, I was pleased that there was considerably more focus on progressing the storyline in this installment than in the previous. Don’t get me wrong, there was still a lot of smexy time taking place, but it was better placed and purposeful as opposed to seemingly gratuitous.
I look forward to the continued action, character growth, and seeing what the aftermath of the NYC trip looks like and which threat Shara will face down next.
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment