Sweeter Than Sin by Rachel De LuneMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
https://amzn.to/3zgy6pD
⭐️⭐️⭐️1/4
When restaurateur Ezra takes over a family restaurant where Belle has been working, there are instant feelings on both sides. However, those feelings would not be labeled instalove.
Determined to make it on her own, even when that means working two, three or more jobs, Belle’s financial stability, which was already precarious, is jeopardized by Mr. Steel’s rigid requirements and expectations.
A self-proclaimed perfectionist obsessed with order and obedience, Ezra struggles with Belle who doesn’t easily fall into line.
It’s no secret that there is a thin line between love and hate, and these two are walking the tightrope. Giving in to their passion during a moment of weakness, their interactions only become more complicated.
Ezra is only soft - if you can even call it that - when he’s balls-deep. I like a pr¡ck. Okay, if I’m honest, I love a pr¡ck. But I like seeing the growth and change of our characters as a relationship progresses. With Ezra, we were told he changed but didn’t really see it. Likewise, I couldn’t feel their chemistry and Ezra’s grovel was meh.
The storyline was very superficial and lacking depth with the first 50%+ being repetitive making it hard to connect with the characters. But let me be clear, it was not a bad story. I enjoy a workplace romance and will definitely give the author another go at a later date. Other reviewers are loving Sweeter Than Sin which makes me think it was my mood as much as anything else.
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment