Always Meant to Be by Siobhan DavisMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
During the annual psychic night with her besties, Kendall Hawthorne expects to learn whether or not her high school sweetheart, now husband, Curtis, is cheating on her again. In a shocking turn of events, Dee, the medium, wants to talk more about the other man she sees in Kendall’s life. When asked “How does he look at you?” Giving voice to her most private thoughts, Kendall tells her “Like he has a hotline to my soul and my inner most thoughts and feelings. Like he sees me.“
{Insert Chills}
With Dee affirming that, despite the significant difference in age, Vander Henley, her son, West’s 18-year old best friend, is her soulmate, we begin the most unique and interesting take on a romance I’ve read in a very long time.
The odds were stacked against Vander and Kendall from the start. Yet nothing - not time nor distance nor circumstances - could hamper their love for one another. The unfortunate events they encountered were believable and relatable, making their story that much more heartbreaking.
“I have loved you in every lifetime that has come before. I’ll love you in this one and every lifetime that comes after.”
{Insert Chills}
I wholeheartedly loved Van and Ken’s story. It was a rollercoaster of emotions with action and drama, unparalleled chemistry, romance, swoon, and spice, and an intense, all-consuming connection that will leave your heart pounding and your body covered in goosebumps.
Siobhan Davis has a way of writing stories that completely break you apart before piecing you back together. The pain Vander and Kendall were feeling was palpable. It left me gutted and utterly destroyed in the best possible way. I knew getting there wasn’t going to be easy, but the conclusion to this story was everything I could have hoped for. My heart took a beating from the very first page and it was worth every single tear. Always Meant to Be, an epic love story, many lifetimes in the making.
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Angst:
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment