Sweet Brutality by Zoe BlakeMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Maxim, a Russian arms dealer, is used getting what he wants, when he wants it. He’s unapologetically set his sights on Carinna upon their first meeting. “I need to apologize. This is my fault. Apparently, I haven’t made myself clear. I like you. So I’m going to keep you. For now. Which means you’re mine.”
Carinna’s sass at every turn arouses him more than he could have anticipated. “In America, you don’t force a woman into your car and then force your way into her apartment, even if you think she’s cute. All of that is hella illegal!” “And yet, here we are.”
With parents who are manipulating her and only one friend she can count on, Carinna has only ever been able to rely on herself. When Maxim storms into her life, she has trouble accepting his domineering ways and exerts her independence. With unrest growing among other organizations, Carinna’s stubbornness puts her in the crossfire forcing Maxim to confront the depth of his feelings for his lyubimaya.
Zoe has a penchant for balancing all the things: strong characters, steam, and storyline. Sweet Brutality is no exception with the relatable Carinna and the swoony machismo otherwise known as Maxim. If you love a hero who will lovingly bulldoze his woman, a heroine who gives as good as she gets, and sėxy times that will deplete BOB’s batteries, you’re going to want to click, click, clickety, click, click.
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
Burn:
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment