Obsession by Gemma WeirMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
OMFG!! That, my friends, is how you write an OTT alpha. Sebastian Lockwood is the sexiest, most unrepentant, psychö alphahole I’ve ever met. Also: I am in love.
I am torn between “you have to read him” and “leave him the fcuk alone; he’s mine.” So I’ve settled on “look but don’t touch.”
On the first day of school, her sophomore year, Sebastian, a senior and 1/4 of the Acres Elite, lays claim to Starling Kennedy.
“I like to own things, now I own you. It doesn’t matter what you think you feel right now, eventually you’ll admit you want me just as much as I want you, until then your cage will just get smaller and smaller until you do as you’re told.”
He calls it destiny, she calls it obsession. Regardless, Bastian is unapologetic and relentless in his pursuit of Starling and is not above manipulative and high-handed tactics.
While he has orchestrated every facet of her life, Starling is strong of mind and will. However, as their relationship progresses, Starling waffles between snarky and pliable, which makes her and the situation that much more realistic.
Their love story is intense and overwhelming. It’s angsty and just when you think he’s maxed out his crazy, he takes it next-level.
“It’s love and hate and complete, out of control, beautiful obsession.”
There aren’t enough stars for Obsession and I don’t have adequate words for how much I loved it! I’m not sure I’ve ever read a Hero quite this, well, obsessed and I. Am. Here. For. It. ALL. Of. It. Seriously though, Bastian is OTT and will not be for everyone.
Goodreads suggests that this is book 1 in the Alphaholes series. I’m not sure if Gemma has announced or confirmed any additional books. If there are, I hope she goes full throttle again because this book was everything I’ve been looking for and hadn’t quite found in any other read.
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Range of Emotions:
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment