Tempting Little Thief by Meagan BrandyMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Four years after unaliving his abusive father, Bastian Bishop finds himself teaching a lesson when Rocklin Revenaw strolls by, unaffected.
The bombshell socialite falls for the dangerous bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. Their story is as old as time. Until it’s not.
Explosive (literally and figuratively), smexy, unpredictable, chaotic. This book had a lot going on. I’m probably in the minority, but this was my first MB book. Perhaps Tempting is akin to her normal writing style, but I found myself struggling to grasp what was happening. I really loved the unexpected twists and the forbidden love story, and especially the powerful female characters in leadership roles. But more times than I can count, I was re-reading and making notes about who was who. Ultimately I still feel like I missed some important things. I wonder how much difference it would have made to have read the Boys of Brayshaw High series prior. All this said, I have every intention of reading the rest of the series and, if time allows, Boys as well.
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Burn:
Merged review:
Four years after unaliving his abusive father, Bastian Bishop finds himself teaching a lesson when Rocklin Revenaw strolls by, unaffected.
The bombshell socialite falls for the dangerous bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. Their story is as old as time. Until it’s not.
Explosive (literally and figuratively), smexy, unpredictable, chaotic. This book had a lot going on. I’m probably in the minority, but this was my first MB book. Perhaps Tempting is akin to her normal writing style, but I found myself struggling to grasp what was happening. I really loved the unexpected twists and the forbidden love story, and especially the powerful female characters in leadership roles. But more times than I can count, I was re-reading and making notes about who was who. Ultimately I still feel like I missed some important things. I wonder how much difference it would have made to have read the Boys of Brayshaw High series prior. All this said, I have every intention of reading the rest of the series and, if time allows, Boys as well.
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Burn:
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment